Book Review

My book is Summer Ball by Mike Lupica. The main characters in my book are Danny Walker, Richie Walker, Will Stoddard and Rasheed Hill along with all the other basketball players and coaches. This book has 244 pages and 26 chapters.

About the book:

Danny Walker is a basketball player and he is very short for his age. He wants to have a growth spurt because he thinks it will make him better at basketball.  He and his best friend Will go to a basketball camp called Right Way. The person that started this camp is a former NBA player, Josh Cameron. Danny is worried to go to camp because the camp is for elite basketball players but he doesn’t think he’s good enough. When he gets there, he realizes that he is not the only one that doesn’t believe in themselves. He made friends at the camp with a kid named Zach, who is younger than him. He eventually has to play some basketball with some older kids there and what he didn’t know is that his enemy was there too…

My favorite part

My favorite part is when Danny has to play against his enemy, Rasheed Hill. They go one on one and Rasheed completely destroys Danny by dunking on him and winning the game. I like this part because it is very funny.

My recommendation

I recommend this book to people who love basketball and like adventure. This book is suited to ages 10-15.